Dec 8, 2009

No More Metal! Also, fewer teeth.

Today, at long last, they took off the arch bars. It's been 6.5 weeks. I would probably be raving about mouth freedom right now, but I can't, really.

That's because they removed my two fractured teeth because they'd hurt too much when I would chew. I'm holding an ice pack to the side of my head and biting down on gauze.

Truly I couldn't be happier. Those teeth hurt so much when anything at all touched them. And I can worry about prosthesis later--not like I can really afford it. What this really means is pancakes, pasta, rice, and fish! I'll be able to chew pie crust! I won't miss those two teeth at all after the pain they've caused me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
At the time of the accident, Gerrit was in his last year of law school. He is originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.